Ingredients for Soup
- 2 pounds tomatoes, preferably pearl or plum, halved
- 5-6 cloves fresh garlic, peeled
- 3 shallots, quartered
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups chicken stock, store-bought or homemade
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
Ingredients for Grilled Cheese Croutons
- Place Four Slices of Bread on a cutting board, brush with mayonnaise. Turn the slices over and add two cheese slices.
- Grill the sandwich for about 5 minutes, until lightly browned
- Place on a cutting board, allow to rest for 1 minute and cut into 1-inch cubes.
Directions for Soup
Roast the Vegetables
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spread the tomatoes, garlic, and shallots onto a baking sheet and toss with melted butter and canola oil and season with salt and ground black pepper. Roast for 25-30 minutes, until dark brown on the edges.
Make the Soup
2. Transfer the roasted vegetables to a large stock pot and add the chicken stock, heavy cream, bay leaf, and curry powder. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes, until liquid reduces by a third. Use an immersion blender (or let cool for 30 minutes and carefully transfer to a blender) to puree the soup until smooth. If the soup is too thick for you liking, feel free to add some milk or water to loosen up. If the soup is too loose for your liking, simmer on medium heat until soup is reduced to your preference.
*Garnish with grilled cheese croutons*