- 6 beets
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar OR balsamic vinegar
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil (or you can use the beet infused oil)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed (or minced if you like a stronger garlic flavor)
- Goat Cheese OR Feta cheese as a topping
- Pine nuts
1. Rinse any dirt or debris from the beets—some beets may need to be scrubbed clean. Preheat the oven to 400°F
2. Drizzle the beets with a bit of oil before roasting.
3. Wrap beets individually in foil and roast beets until tender.
4. Remove the beets from oven when tender. Let cool then peel
5. ALTERNATE: Peel the beets with a vegetable peeler and cut into ¼ inch pieces. Sprinkle with oil and salt. Roast in the oven at 400 degrees until beets are tender.
6. In mixing bowl combine honey, Dijon mustard, salt, pepper and crushed garlic. Stir with
fork to combine
7. Add balsamic or red wine vinegar and stir. Gradually add oil and stir until fully incorporated
8. Toss beets with a bit of dressing.
9. Top with goat cheese and pine nuts
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page