Chef Susan Feniger is making a delicious dish with a homemade cream sauce.
Ingredients for Rigatoni
- 3/4 pound rigatoni
- 3/4 pound ground chicken, white meat only
- 2 tablespoons fennel seeds, roughly chopped
- 1 small egg white
- 1 cup heavy cream, cold
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 dashes of hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
Ingredients for Cream Sauce
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives for garnish
Stuffed Rigatoni with Chicken and Fennel - Home & Family
- Cook rigatoni in a large pot of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain well in a colander, shaking vigorously. Cool on an oiled cookie sheet or clean countertop until nearly dry and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil to coat. Reserve.
- Puree chicken, fennel, and egg white in a food processor until smooth, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl nested inside a larger bowl half-filled with iced water. Stir until evenly chilled.
- Add cream, a 1/4 cup at a time, stirring vigorously with a wooden spoon after each addition, until all is added. Stir in salt, pepper, and hot sauce. (At this stage, the stuffing can be stored in refrigerator up to 24 hours.)
- To stuff rigatoni, fill a pastry bag fitted with a #4 plain tip with chicken mixture and stuff rigatoni from both ends. Reserve.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- To make sauce, combine cream, Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper in a medium ovenproof skillet. Bring to a boil. Add stuffed rigatoni, return to a boil, then transfer to oven. Bake until sauce is thick and bubbly, and rigatoni is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Spoon into serving bowls or plates, sprinkle with chives, and serve hot.
Copyright © 2019, Susan Feniger and Mary Sue Milliken www.bordergrill.com
Get more information about this episode >>