To make the chianti sauce:
1. Sauté minced onions in extra-virgin olive oil for 5 minutes, add 3 cloves of garlic and the prosciutto and continue to sauté for 1 more minute.
2. Add ½ cup wine and cook for 1 minute.
3. Add the crushed tomatoes and beef broth and simmer for 30 minutes.
To make the meatballs:
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Lightly spray a baking sheet with cooking oil spray.
2. Place all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix together by hand.
3. Roll your meatballs, making 2-inch balls. Place them on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
4. Remove the meatballs from the oven and add them to your Chianti sauce. Simmer for 15 minutes or until cooked through. Serve the meatballs with the cheese wedge and a grater on the table for your guests.
5. Substitute 1 pound beef and 1 pound pork for turkey if desired.