- Large pretzel rods
- 1 bag mini marshmallows
- 3 Tbsp. butter, plus more for hands
- 8 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 bag white candy melts
- wax paper
- Lay out wax paper on your work surface. Decide how many turkey legs you want to make, you can either use the whole pretzel rod for jumbo turkey legs or break them in half to create more manageable portions of non-meat. You’ll want to open the bag of marshmallows, grab two marshmallows for each pretzel rod.
- Melt the white candy melts in a narrow, deep container according to the package directions. Using the candy melts, adhere two marshmallows to the end of each pretzel rod. Lay on the waxed paper and let dry.
- Dip the end with the marshmallows into the candy melts about halfway down the rod. Turn the pretzel rod right side up and tap on the table to help the candy melts even out and drip down along the rod. Lay on the waxed paper and let dry. Don’t worry about covering the whole rod. The other half of it will be covered with Rice Krispies.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, combine butter and marshmallows. Microwave for 1 minute. Stir. Add Rice Krispies cereal, mix gently with a spoon coated in butter or cooking spray and let cool slightly.
- Coat your hands using butter or cooking spray. You may also use rubber gloves. Using your hands, form the meat on each coated pretzel rod. You’ll have to work quickly, pressing firmly as you’re shaping. Place them on the wax paper and let set about 20 minutes.
Eat and enjoy!
Watch the Video >>
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.