Directions for Crust
1. Combine all the crust ingredients.
2. Form a log in a plastic wrap and chill for at least 2-3 hrs.
3. Begin heating your cast iron pan on high heat. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Sprinkle the filet on both sides with a little salt and pepper just before cooking.
4. Grill in cast iron pan 2 minutes per side. Once you get a nice sear on both sides put the steak in the oven for 6 minutes.
5. After 6 minutes remove from the oven and top with ½ inch slices of the crust. Place under broiler about 2 minutes or until browned.
6. Bolinhos De Arroz Tikki
7. (Brazilian inspired rice balls with Indian spices)
Directions for Stuffing
1. Heat oil in a heavy saucepan to 350 degrees.
2. Roughly mash the peas using a spoon or a fork. Add all the stuffing ingredients except oil and mash briefly.
3. Peel the potatoes and mash them. Add the rest of the ingredients. Mix well.
4. Take each portion of potato rice mixture and make a ball.
5. Gently flatten each ball into a round patty of about 1/2-inch thick and place a portion of stuffing in the center and fold the edges together very finely so that mixture does not come out.
6. Now very gently flatten it into a 2-inch patty. Repeat the procedure for all pieces.
7. Heat oil in a non-stick pan over a low heat. Coat the patties with rice flour. Slip in the patties, not too many at a time, and pan-fry on both sides till crisp golden brown, adding oil if required, on a very low heat.
8. Serve hot.