Ingredients for Filet Mignon
- filet mignons
Ingredients for Crust
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup cooked Royal Basmati rice
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- sprinkle of salt
- sprinkle of pepper
Ingredients for Rice
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 green chili chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 large boiled potatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4th tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 cup cooked Royal Basmati rice
- oil for pan frying
- Rice flour
Ingredients for Stuffing
- 2/3 cup green peas- frozen peas defrosted
- ½ tbsp scrapped and minced ginger
- ¼ tsp chaat masala
- ¼ tsp salt
- Red chili powder to taste
- 1 tsp coarsely ground dry-roasted cumin seeds
Ingredients for Coriander Mint Chutney
- 1 cups coriander leaves
- 1 cup mint leaves
- ½ cup ripe mango or mango puree
- 5-6 green chilies
- ¼ cup lime juice
- Salt to taste
- Grind the above items to a fine paste, add very little water if you need.
Directions for Crust
1. Combine all the crust ingredients.
2. Form a log in a plastic wrap and chill for at least 2-3 hrs.
3. Begin heating your cast iron pan on high heat. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Sprinkle the filet on both sides with a little salt and pepper just before cooking.
4. Grill in cast iron pan 2 minutes per side. Once you get a nice sear on both sides put the steak in the oven for 6 minutes.
5. After 6 minutes remove from the oven and top with ½ inch slices of the crust. Place under broiler about 2 minutes or until browned.
6. Bolinhos De Arroz Tikki
7. (Brazilian inspired rice balls with Indian spices)
Directions for Stuffing
1. Heat oil in a heavy saucepan to 350 degrees.
2. Roughly mash the peas using a spoon or a fork. Add all the stuffing ingredients except oil and mash briefly.
3. Peel the potatoes and mash them. Add the rest of the ingredients. Mix well.
4. Take each portion of potato rice mixture and make a ball.
5. Gently flatten each ball into a round patty of about 1/2-inch thick and place a portion of stuffing in the center and fold the edges together very finely so that mixture does not come out.
6. Now very gently flatten it into a 2-inch patty. Repeat the procedure for all pieces.
7. Heat oil in a non-stick pan over a low heat. Coat the patties with rice flour. Slip in the patties, not too many at a time, and pan-fry on both sides till crisp golden brown, adding oil if required, on a very low heat.
8. Serve hot.