Ingredients for Red Velvet Pancakes
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 eggs (yolks & whites separate)
- 5 cups buttermilk
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tsp red food coloring dye
Ingredients for Lemon Cream Cheese Glaze
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp lemon curd
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, room temp
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup whole milk
Ingredients for Blueberry Compote
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
Directions For Pancakes
1. Heat a non-stick skillet on medium-low heat while you prepare the batter.
2. In a large bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and whisk till combined.
3. In a medium bowl whisk the egg yolks, buttermilk, red dye, and melted butter until well combined. In the meantime, beat the egg whites in a separate bowl until fluffy peaks.
4. Add the buttermilk mixture to the dry ingredients and whisk together till everything is combined and be careful not to over work the batter.
5. Add the fluffy egg whites, and fold in the batter using plastic spatula, and let the batter rest for 30 mins.
6. Cook in the preheated pan for 2 – 3 mins, then flip and cook for 1 min.
7. Cook pancakes one by one until all are finished.
For Cream Cheese Syrup:
1. In a separate bowl, whisk together the cream cheese and butter until well combined
2. Then add the powdered sugar, milk, lemon zest and curd, vanilla, and whisk together until all ingredients are incorporated.
3. Glaze over pancakes.
For Blueberry Compote:
1. In a sauce pot, combine 1 cup of blueberries, water, sugar, lemon juice and zest.
2. Cook over a medium heat for about 10 minutes and then add the rest of the blueberries and cook for 5 mins more, stirring frequently