- ½ tsp agar
- 2 cups spring/bottled water
- Brown Sugar
- Kinako Powder
- Raindrop Cake Mold
- Wooden Boat
FOR RAINDROP CAKE
1. In a small pot, add ½ tsp of agar to 2 cups spring (or bottled) water and stir
2. Heat on medium/high for 3-4 minutes, until boiling. Stir often.
3. Boil solution until all the agar is gone and water looks clear.
4. Remove from heat and pour into measuring cup and let cool for 5 minutes.
5. Carefully pour into mold and set for 2 hours at room temperature. (Do not refrigerate to set or it will stick to mold)
6. After it has set you can put the mold in the refrigerator to chill & cool
1. Combine dark brown sugar and ¼ cup wat in a small saucer and stir
2. Heat on low/med on stove, stir until all sugar crystals are completely dissolved
3. Carefully pour into a heat safe cup so it’s easy to pour when you’re ready to plate
1. Carefully remove cakes from the mold by pressing along the edges to free cake, and gently life out with your fingers.
2. Gently place the cake on a wooden boat when you’re ready to serve.
3. Add dark brown sugar syrup on one side
4. Add kinako powder on the other side
5. Serve and enjoy!
Get more information about this episode >>
Download the Home & Family's Valentine's Day Cookbook here >>