Ingredients for Dressing
- ¼ cup champagne vinegar
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 small shallot, finely minced
- 1 ½ Tbsp. poppy seeds
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground mustard
- 2 tsp. plain whole milk yogurt
- ½ cup light olive oil
Ingredients for Salad
- 8 breakfast radishes, sliced thin lengthwise
- 2 black radishes, sliced thin crosswise
- 2 watermelon radishes, peeled and sliced thin crosswise
- 3 baby orange carrots, shaved thin lengthwise
- 3 baby purple carrots, shaved thin lengthwise
- 3 baby golden beets, sliced thin
- 2 bulbs fennel, shaved thin, fronds reserved
- 1 stalk celery, sliced thin
- ½ cup celery leaves, the pale inner leaves
- 2 cups arugula
- Flaked sea salt
FOR THE DRESSING
Whisk the champagne vinegar and sugar together until the sugar is dissolved. Whisk in the shallots, poppy seeds, salt, ground mustard and yogurt until combined. Slowly stream in the olive oil while continuously whisking until the dressing is completely emulsified.
Store in a covered container for up to one week. If the dressing separates it can simply be shaken or whisked to recombine.
FOR THE SALAD
This salad is best prepared using a mandolin to slice and shave the vegetables, however, a sharp knife will also suffice.
Once all of the vegetables are sliced and shaved, soak them in an ice bath until they are crisp and slightly curled. About 15 minutes. We recommend soaking the beets separately as not to tint the other vegetables. Do not soak the arugula.
Pat the vegetables dry. Combine the crisped vegetables with the arugula in a large bowl. Drizzle ¼ cup of the Poppy Seed Dressing over the salad and toss to coat. Divide the salad into 4 servings and finish with a sprinkle of flaked sea salt, celery leaves, fennel fronds and additional dressing, if desired.