2/3 of a pound of Ground Beef
2/3 of a pound of Ground Pork 2/3 of a pound of Ground Veal 1/2 Cup of Freshly Grated Parmesan 1/4 Cup of Finely Chopped Onion 1 Egg 3 Tbl of Italian Style Bread Crumbs 3 Pinches of Sea Salt Freshly Ground Pepper - The ingredients are really simple because a good meatball should actually taste like meat! Directions:
1. Combine everything in a bowl and mix with your hands being very careful not to over mix your meat (this is how meat gets tough).
2. Now for shaping the meatballs. First grab a small amount of your meat mixture. Then roll the meat between your hands and cup it into the shape of a ball.
3. The finished product should hold together well (otherwise it'll fall apart while cooking).
4. If it seems too juicy, add more bread crumbs. Not holding together well? Add another egg.There are various ways to cook your meatballs. Some chefs cook them in the sauce which allows the marinara flavor to permeate the meat. Some chefs bake them, undoubtedly the healthiest way to go. I on the other hand is going for maximum flavor and crispy outside, so I fry them...in olive oil. Ok, so not technically healthy BUT so darn good!
1.Fill a small pot with olive oil (about half way up). 2. Bring to a slow boil over medium high heat and cook meatballs in batches, rotating occasionally so all side are well cooked.
3. Make sure to check the center of the meatball to make sure it's cooked through before removing from the oil.
4. Once they're cooked through remove from the oil and place onto a paper towel to soak up the grease. Enjoy!!
Below is a link to pictures and the directions to making the meatball hors d'oeuvres: http://mychiclife.com/2011/02/24/meatball-and-mozzarella/
Sparkling Cranberry Cocktail Recipe:
In a champagne flute, 1/3 cranberry juice, dash of sparkling water, and then 2/3 champagne (or for kids drinks sparkling cider) garnish with fresh herbs, fresh cranberries
Get more of Rachel's Chic Party tips here: www.chicevent.com and www.mychiclife.com. Plus, you can follow Rachel on twitter at: @msrachelhollis