- 12 ounces uncooked quinoa penne pasta (5 cups)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup oil-packed sun dried tomatoes, drained, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 jar (24 ounces) RAGÚ® Simply Chunky Marinara Pasta Sauce
- 1-1/4 cups tightly-packed fresh basil leaves, chopped, divide
Ingredients for Garlic-Parsley Butter Ingredients
- 1 head Garlic (for roasting) + 3 cloves (leave raw)
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 25g Parsley (about ½ bunch)
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2 sticks Butter, room temperature
- Garlic Bread
- Baguette, Italian loaf, Sourdough loaf, hamburger buns, etc.
- Grated Parmesan Cheese (2 tablespoons for every 12-inches of surface area)
1. Cook pasta as directed on package.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add shallots; cook 5-7 min. or until
lightly browned stirring frequently. Add garlic, tomatoes and paprika; cook and stir 1 min.
3. Stir in sauce and basil.
4. Drain pasta; add to sauce mixture. Mix well. Cook 1-2 min. until heated through. Sprinkle
with additional basil before serving
NOTES: For extra protein, add 1 pound sliced, grilled chicken when stirring in the pasta.
Directions for Garlic-Parsley Butter
1. Heat oven to 400˚. Peel off most of garlic’s outer paper, leaving the head intact.
2. Trim the top off the head of garlic, exposing the internal cloves.
3. Place garlic head on tin foil and drizzle olive oil on top, dripping into each clove.
4. Wrap garlic head in foil and roast in the oven for at least 40 minutes, until the cloves are completely soft and golden brown. The longer you roast, the more caramelized they’ll become. Check every 10 minutes after the first 40.
5. Allow garlic to cool before plucking cloves from skin and proceeding with the compound butter.
6. Add cooled, roasted garlic cloves to food processor along with parsley, raw garlic cloves, and salt. Pulse until well combined.
7. Add butter to food processor and continue to pulse until butter is bright green and fragrant. Keep in fridge until ready to use.
Directions for Garlic Bread
1. Cut bread into slices and place on baking sheet. Toast under broiler until light golden brown (flipping half-way through if you’d like both sides to be crisp). Remove from oven.
2. Smear butter on cut-side of bread liberally.
3. Sprinkle buttered bread with grated parmesan cheese.
4. Place bread, cut-side-up, back on a baking sheet and broil for another 2-3 minutes, until cheese is melted.