Recipe By Dan Kohler, 1/2/2020
Yield: 4 Servings
1. Melt butter over medium-low heat.
2. Swirl pan until butter turns amber in color.
3. Strain browned butter through sieve or cheesecloth.
4. Sift powdered sugar into large bowl, then whisk with almond meal and ap flour.
5. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, then add the egg whites and vanilla, and whisk until combined.
6. Pour in browned butter and mix well.
7. Grease mini loaf pans or financier moulds. Pour batter into mini loaf pans or financier moulds, ⅔ up the way the side of the pan.
8. Bake at 350˚ for 20 minutes.
9. While the cakes are baking, whisk together the glaze over low heat.
10. Remove the cakes from the oven, allow to cool in the pans for 5 minutes, then remove cakes from pan and place on wire rack over sheet tray.
11. Brush all cakes with quince glaze and allow to cool to room temperature.