Recipe by Dan Kohler, 2/3/2020
1. Heat oven to 400˚ F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Beat the egg and cream in a small bowl with a fork or whisk then set aside.
3. Lightly flour your work surface. Unfold one pastry sheet and lightly dust top with flour. Use a rolling pin to roll the sheet into a 16-inch square, it will be thin.
4. Cut pastry square in half then cut each half into four rectangles (making eight, 8-inch by 4-inch rectangles). Now, cut each rectangle diagonally into two triangles (making 16 triangles).
5. Smear about 1 teaspoon of jam on the surface of each triangle. Place about 1 tablespoon of chocolate chips down the center of each triangle.
6. Starting at the wide end, roll each triangle up carefully.
7. Place each croissant on the parchment paper so the tip of the triangle is tucked underneath.
8. If the ends of each croissant appear to be open, pinch them shut gently to prevent chocolate from leaking out while baking.
9. Bend the edges of each croissant into a crescent shape.
10. Lightly brush tops of each croissant with egg wash and then sprinkle with granulated sugar.
11. Repeat steps 3-10 with the second sheet of pastry.
12. Bake 15-20 minutes or until the croissants are golden brown.