- 6 cups fresh mixed berries
- 1 ½ tablespoons plus ½ tablespoon zero calorie natural sweetener, divided
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 tablespoons whole grain oat flour, divided
- 30 grams (about 1/3 cup) stevia sweetened natural vanilla protein powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ tablespoons vegan butter (from a stick, not a tub)
- 1 ½ cups high protein, low calorie, stevia sweetened vanilla ice cream (preferably natural)
SERVING SIZE: 1 crumble + ¼ cup ice cream
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
COOK TIME: 14–20 minutes
1 fruit, ½ carbohydrate, 1 lean protein, ½ fat
150 calories, 4.5 g fat, 1.3 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 20 mg cholesterol, 85 mg sodium,
290 mg potassium, 25 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 12 g sugars, 8 g protein, 110 mg phosphorus
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the berries, 1 ½ tablespoons of the sweetener, and 2 tablespoons of flour until well combined. Spoon the mixed berries evenly (about ¾ cup in each) among 6 ramekins (4 ½ inches in diameter; 1–1 ½ cups capacity). Place the ramekins on a baking sheet large enough to hold them in a single layer so they sit flat.
3. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of flour, the protein powder, the remaining ½ tablespoon of sweetener, the cinnamon, and the vegan butter to a small mixing bowl. Using a fork or pastry blender, stir the flour mixture together to create a crumble. Divide the crumble evenly over the top of the fruit in the ramekins (about 1 ½ tablespoons per ramekin).
4. Bake until the crumble is golden on top and the berries are hot throughout, about 14–20 minutes. Let the crumbles cool for 3 minutes. Top each with ¼ cup of ice cream to enjoy immediately. Cover any remaining crumbles with plastic wrap and store them in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat them in the oven then top them with ice cream just before enjoying.