Larissa Wohl is making a sweet treat, pupcakes, for our dogs.
Recipe by Dan Kohler, 11/23/2020
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup old fashioned oats
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup mashed banana
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ¼ cup dried blueberries
FROSTING + GARNISH:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 6 dog biscuits, small
Pupcakes for Dogs - Home and Family
- Heat oven to 350˚F. Line 6-cup muffin tin with paper liners, set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, oats, and baking powder.
- In separate bowl, whisk together eggs and oil until light in color. Beat in banana, applesauce, and peanut butter until smooth. Stir in shredded carrots and blueberries.
- Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients until well combined.
- Scoop batter evenly into lined muffin cups.
- Bake pupcakes for 15-20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove muffins from oven and cool completely before frosting.
- Make the frosting: in stand mixer, beat cream cheese with peanut butter and pumpkin puree until smooth. Fill frosting into piping bag fitted with decorative tip.
- Pipe frosting onto each cooled pupcake, then top with dog biscuit. Remove paper cup from pupcake before feeding dog.