Ingredients for Vanilla Bean Batter
- 1 ½ cups Butter
- 2 ¾ cups Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Vanilla Bean paste
- 5 eggs
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 cup milk
Make sure all ingredients are room temperature.
1. Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
2. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in vanilla bean paste and scrape the bowl.
3. Add sour cream on low speed and scrape.
4. Add eggs in a slow stream with mixer on low and scrape.
5. Alternate adding sifted dry ingredients and milk, starting and ending with dry. Finish folding batter by hand until it is completely mixed and smooth.
*Note: 1 batch makes three 8” round cakes or 24 cupcakes