Directions For Risotto
1. In a medium saucepan, whisk together the stock and pumpkin over medium heat.
2. Bring mixture to a simmer and reduce the heat to low. Cover and keep warm.
3. In a large Dutch oven, melt the butter over medium heat until it turns golden brown in color.
4. Once browned, add the shallot, salt, sage, and thyme and cook until the shallot is softened about 2-3 minutes.
5. Add the rice and cook for one minute more. Add the white wine vinegar.
6. Ladle some of the warm stock into the Dutch oven and cook, stirring occasionally until the liquid has evaporated.
7. Add another ladle of stock and continue to cook until evaporated again.
8. Continue cooking, adding a ladle of stock at a time and cooking down until the rice is done, but has a nice bite to it.
9. The mixture should be creamy with texture. This process should take around 20-25 minutes.
10. Remove mixture from the heat and mix in the parmesan cheese, parsley, and nutmeg. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Directions for Poached Eggs
1. Fill a large Dutch oven with 3 inches of water. Bring water to a gentle simmer, then add the vinegar and lemon juice.
2. Carefully break eggs into a ramekin or small bowl. Gently pour the egg into the simmering water.
3. Take a slotted spoon and gently push the egg whites over the yolk. Allow cooking for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. (You’ll know when they are done because the whites will be slightly springy to the touch and the yolks should still be soft in the center.)
4. Remove eggs from water with a slotted spoon and set on a warm plate.