- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 12 ounce purchased pizza crust
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1 cup fresh pumpkin puree
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cubed fontina cheese
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced Spanish chorizo
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh sage leaves
Heat oven to 425 degrees.
Brush 1 tablespoon olive oil over crust and set aside. Heat remaining tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add shallots, garlic and pepper flakes to hot pan. Saute for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in pumpkin puree, smoked paprika and salt. Cook, stirring, until sauce is thickened and hot. Spread sauce evenly over pizza crust and scatter with cubed fontina. Arrange sliced chorizo evenly over top and sprinkle with chopped sage. Place pizza on a cookie sheet or directly on oven rack, if preferred. Bake for 12 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese has melted. If desired, drizzle a little olive oil over pizza and sprinkle with additional chopped sage.