Ingredients For the Bars:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 can pumpkin purée
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 Tsp. baking powder
- 1 Tsp. baking soda
- 1 Tsp. table salt
- 2 Tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ Tsp. ground ginger
- ½ Tsp. nutmeg
- ¼ Tsp. clove
- 4 oz. white bar chocolate, chopped
- 1½ pkg. cream cheese, softened (12 oz.)
- 1½ sticks unsalted butter, softened (12 Tbsp.)
- 3 cups sifted powdered sugar
- ¼ cup each dried cranberries, crystallized ginger, and pecan pieces chopped together
Recipe for the Bars:
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Coat a 11½ x 16½ inch baking sheet with a non-stick spray.
- Whisk together granulated sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin purée, oil, eggs, and vanilla in a bowl.
- Sift the dry ingredients of flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices into the pumpkin mixture.
- Whisk together and spread the batter onto the baking sheet.
- Bake until a toothpick can be inserted and comes out clean; about 20 minutes.
- TIP: Allow the bars to cool completely before frosting.
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave about 1-2 minutes. Stir until the chocolate is smooth.
- Beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Add the melted chocolate and beat together until smooth.
- Add the powdered sugar and beat together on a low speed.
- Spread the frosting over the bars.
- Sprinkle garnish over top of the frosting.
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.