Ingredients for Pork
- 4 ½ lbs pork cushion or pork shoulder, cut in 3 inch cubes
- ½ orange, sliced
- ¼ onion, sliced
- ½ can cola
- ⅛ cup perfect blend seasoning (recipe follows)
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ½ cup water or until meat is 3/4ths covered
Ingredients for Perfect Blend Seasoning
- 1/2 cup kosher salt
- 1/4 cup black pepper
- 1/8 cup granulated garlic
- 1/8 cup dark chili powder
- 1 T dried oregano
Ingredients for BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup braising liquid
- 2 cups BBQ sauce (like KC Masterpiece brand)
Ingredients for the Slaw
- 4 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup parsley
Ingredients for Lemon Vinaigrette
- 1 cup Champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 5 cloves garlic
- Zest of ½ lemon
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 ½ tablespoons salt
Ingredients for Sliders
- 1 lb fresh pizza dough, uncooked
Ingredients for Assembling 1 Sandwich
- 1 bun, toasted
- 1 cup slaw
- 2 cups pulled pork
Directions for Pork
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees
2. Place cubed pork in dutch oven, add all the other ingredients and cover with lid and braise for 6 hours or until tender. Remove from oven and let sit until the pork is cool enough to handle. Use your hands or two forks to pull apart the tender meat.
3. Mix together the braising liquid and BBQ sauce, then pour over the pulled pork. Mix well so that pork is coated in the sauce.
Directions for Seasoning
1. Mix all together and use this as the seasoning for the pork
Directions for Slaw
1. Add all ingredients in food processor and blend. Add oil in slowly to emulsify dressing.
2. Toss ingredients with the vinaigrette. Set aside.
Directions for Sliders
1. Portion out to 2 oz sizes, form into slider shapes and let rise for 30 minutes. Brush with butter and bake at 375˚F for 10-15 minutes until golden.
Directions for Assembling 1 Sandwich
1. Place the pork filling on the bottom of a toasted bun. Top with coleslaw and the top bun.
2. Serve with pickles.