- ½ cup honey mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- 1 large egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- 2½ cups small salted pretzels
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken cutlets (1 pound)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or cooking spray
- Eight 6-inch skewers (soak wooden skewers in water for 1 hour before use)
1. Combine the honey mustard, dill, parsley, and curry powder in a small bowl. Set aside.
2. Place the egg wash in a rimmed plate. Crush the pretzels to medium fineness in a food
processor or in a plastic bag, using a mallet. Stir together the pretzel crumbs, paprika, and dry mustard in a rimmed plate.
3. Place a chicken cutlet on a work surface or cutting board. Lay your hand on top of the cutlet and cut it in half, slicing parallel to the cutting board. Repeat with the second cutlet; you will have 4 thin cutlets. Then cut each piece lengthwise into 2 strips, so that you have 8 strips. Thread each strip onto a skewer, keeping it flat, and place it on a baking sheet.
4. Set up an assembly line: chicken, egg wash, and pretzel crumbs.
5. Holding the skewer, coat each chicken strip in egg wash, letting any excess drip back into
the plate. Dip the strip into the pretzel coating, turning and pressing gently to coat it evenly. Gently shake off any excess coating, and return the skewer to the baking sheet.
If pan-frying, heat the olive oil over medium heat in a sauté pan large enough to fit all or several skewers lying flat. Pan-fry the skewers in a single layer, turning once, until the crust is golden and the chicken is cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes per side. You may have to cook the skewers in batches. Alternatively, place the skewers on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Spray the chicken with additional cooking spray, and bake at 350°F for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven, flip the skewers, spray again, and bake until the chicken is cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes more.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page