- 6 tablespoons of butter
- 1 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 1 1/2 chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup of evaporated milk (for NOLA's creamy texture)
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1 tsp of caramel flavoring
- 3/4 of a cup of light brown sugar
**Have one large sheet of parchment paper laying on the countertop. This is where you will spoon the candy out to dry.
1) Add all ingredients into a medium-size pot except for the vanilla extract
2) Bring the temperature to a high heat, once it begins to bubble slightly mix everything well in the pot and stop stirring.
3) Cook mixture until it begins to bubble like hot lava roughly about two minutes will pass until you reach this point
4) Once it begins to bubble like lava, turn the heat down to a medium temperature and allow to cook without starring for three minutes exactly
After the three minute timer goes off, add vanilla , remove from stove immediately and begin to stir consistently. The reason why you are stirring is because you are going to turn this Runny sweet brown liquid into candy. And you will do so by incorporating cool air into the pot by stirring constantly. You will stop stirring once you hear a scraping sound on the side of the pot. This means that the candy is ready to be sent out on parchment paper.
Using a tablespoon spoon out desired amount of candy onto the paper you should make about 25 or more candies depending on your spoon full sizes. If you're doing something for party, this recipe if using a normal tablespoon you can put out about 45 to 50 candies!
They won't take long to dry and eating them warm is one of the best things that can happen to you!
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page