FOR COOL AS A CUCUMBER SALAD:
Yields 6 servings
1. Prepare the Greek yogurt. Line a strainer with cheesecloth. Place the yogurt into the cheesecloth and allow the water to leach out for 3 hours or best overnight in the fridge.
2. In a large pot, add the potatoes and cold water. Be sure the potatoes are completely submerged. Bring the potatoes to a boil over high heat and then reduce to a simmer. Simmer for approximately 20 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender. Strain and allow to cool completely. Once they are cooled, half or quarter them into bite-sized pieces.
3. While the potatoes are cooling, in a large bowl, combine the strained yogurt, sour cream, lemon juice, champagne vinegar, dill, mint, garlic, salt and pepper. Set aside.
4. Use a box grater or food processor with shredding blade to shred the cucumber. Toss the shredded cucumber with a few pinches of salt and allow to sit for 20 minutes. Squeeze out the excess liquid and stir the cucumbers into the yogurt mixture.
5. Add in the cooled potatoes and fold until coated. Garnish with fresh dill and mint.
FOR SWEET POTATO AND BLACK BEAN SALAD:
1. Mix the melted coconut oil, smoked paprika and chili powder in a large mixing bowl.
2. Add the cubed sweet potatoes and toss to coat evenly in oil and spices.
3. Arrange coated potatoes in one layer on a parchment lined half sheet tray.
4. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Roast in oven for 25-30 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked through.
6. Remove the sweet potatoes from the oven and allow to cool slightly, about five minutes.
7. While the potatoes are cooling, make the vinaigrette.
8. In a large mixing bowl, toss the warm potatoes, black beans and the vinaigrette together, reserving ¼ cup of vinaigrette for later.
9. Set aside to marinate.
10. Before serving, add the celery, bell pepper, green onion and remaining ¼ cup of vinaigrette. Toss well.
11. Check for seasoning and add more salt and pepper if you desire