Ezra and Adeev Potash's sandwich satisfies sweet and salty cravings and includes a bacon lattice putting delicious bacon in each bite.
Sweet and Savory French Toast Breakfast Sandwich
- Freshly ground black pepper maple syrup, for serving
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Kosher salt
- 6 slices of bacon, cut in half 4 slices brioche bread
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup parmesan, grated 2 eggs
- Kosher salt
Potash Twins Ezra And Adeev - Sweet & Savory Breakfast Sandwich - Home & Family
SWEET AND SAVORY FRENCH TOAST BREAKFAST SANDWICH DIRECTIONS:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- First, whisk together softened butter, honey, vanilla and a pinch of salt. Set aside.
- Next, make the bacon lattice. Weave together 6 half slices of bacon on a baking sheet to form a lattice square.
- Repeat with the remaining 6 half slices. Place an inverted baking rack over the top to keep it flat. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and reserve. Turn the oven down to 200 degrees f.
- Meanwhile, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon and salt in a shallow bowl or baking dish. Dip each bread slice into the mixture, soaking for a few seconds on each side.
- Place a sauté pan over medium heat. Melt 1/2 tablespoon butter and cook 2 slices of the soaked brioche in the butter for 3 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining slices. Keep warm in the oven while you make the eggs.
- Place a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the grated parmesan to the skillet in an even layer and cook for 2 minutes, until the cheese starts to melt and brown slightly. Crack two eggs over the top, and season with salt and pepper. Cover the pan with a lid and allow to steam for about 3, until the whites are just set but yolk is still runny.
- Build the sandwich - spread some honey butter over one slice of French toast. Top with a bacon lattice and one Frico egg. Top with another slice of French toast and drizzle with maple syrup. Serve.