- 1 bottle Montana Mex BBQ sauce
- 6 cloves garlic sliced
- 1 smoked ham hock
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 8 cups chicken broth/vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
- 3 bay leaf
- 1 cup dry hominy (or substitute one can of cooked hominy, drained & rinsed)
- 1 zucchini halved lengthwise and sliced into ¼” thick slices
- Sea Salt to taste
- Diced avocado, shredded cabbage, diced white onion, sliced radishes, fresh cilantro for garnish
1) Add all ingredients except zucchini and vegetable garnishes.
2) Bring pot to a boil. Reduce heat to a low simmer and cook for 4 hr or until Hominy is tender and soft. Add Zucchini, check and adjust seasoning and continue to cook on simmer for 30 min.
3) Garnish with Avocado, diced onion, cilantro, radish and a sprinkle of Montana Mex Jalapeno seasoning for an extra kick