Chef Babette Davis is making a delicious vegan casserole.
- 2 packages tempeh, crumbled
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 6-8 portobello mushroom caps (stemmed)
- 2 bags vegan mozzarella cheese (daiya)
- 1 cup non dairy milk
- 2 cups soaked cashews
- 2 heaping tbsp yellow miso
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1 tbsp Braggs liquid amino
- 2 tbsp ground chipotle (top & sprinkle for garnish)
Portobello Mushroom Casserole - Home & Family
1) Blend milk, cashews, miso, agave, 1 tbsp Braggs and 1 tbs ground chipotle until creamy - set aside.
2) Sautee tempeh, green onion, bell pepper and red onion lightly set
3) Layer 8 inch Casserole dish with portobello mushroom caps do not slice.
4) Add thin slices of red onion on top of mushrooms and a thin layer of chipotle sauce.
5) Add sautéed tempeh and more Chipotle sauce top with a layer of cheese and sprinkle ground Chipotle sparingly over cheese.
6) Bake at 350 covered until cheese melts.
Get more information about this episode >>
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page