Ingredients for Brine
- 2 qts. water
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 ea 18 oz pork porterhouse
Citrus Mojo Sauce
- 1/2 cup EVOO
- 1/2 cup Lime Juice
- 1/2 cup orange Juice
- 2 heads garlic, cloves removed and peeled
- 1 medium jalapeño, seeded and stemmed
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 bunch cilantro, lightly chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche
- salt and white pepper to taste
1. Combine Water, Salt, and Brown Sugar and Bring to a simmer.
2. Add garlic and herbs, and remove from heat
3. Allow to cool fully before adding pork porterhouse
4. Allow to brine for 24 hours.
5. Remove and pat dry with a paper towel
Preparing/cooking the pork
15 Minutes before cooking, season the pork with kosher salt, and then generously rub all sides with black pepper. To cook, using a grill, or cast iron grill pan, heat over medium high, and add 2-3 Tbsp of canola oil to the pan. Once oil begins to smoke, add pork to the pan and cook over medium high heat. Cook for approximately 3-4 minutes on each side, turning 90 degrees only once per side. Flip Over and repeat the process on the other side. Baste with citrus mojo sauce (see below) while pork cooks. After 3-4 minutes on the second side, place pan into a preheated 350 degree oven, and cook to internal temperature of 128 degrees when inserted into the middle of the strip side. Once finished, allow to rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing. Garnish with espellete pepper, and fresh cilantro sprigs
Preparing/cooking the roasted peppers.-
Lightly toss peppers in EVOO, and season with salt and pepper. Once the pork has been flipped, add peppers to the pan. Cook along with the pork for the remaining time, and turn peppers as needed, until a nice blistering char is achieved on all sides.
Serve pork porterhouse and roasted pepper with Citrus Mojo Sauce and cilantro cream.
1. Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
2. In a small sauce pan, combine oil and garlic, and cover with a lid or aluminum foil
3. Allow to simmer in oven for 45 minutes, or until caramelized
4. Remove from oven and add fresh juices
5. Place back into oven for additional 15 minutes or until mixture has thickened slightly
6. Remove from heat, and carefully mash the garlic cloves until a loose paste is formed
7. Allow to cool before using.
Combine all ingredients into a blender and puree until smooth. Season to taste.