Ingredients for Peach Chutney
- 3 cups coarsely chopped ripe peaches
- 1 cup coarsely chopped apple
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- ½ cup finely chopped bell pepper
- ½ cup raisins
- ¼ cup chopped candied ginger (optional)
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar or white vinegar
- 1 ½ teaspoons mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon salt
Ingredients for Pork Chops
- About ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 blade-cut pork chops, about 1 inch thick
- 3 tablespoons canola oil (divided use)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 2 teaspoons curry powder, hot or mild
- ¼ cup white wine
- ¾ cup chicken stock
- ¾ cup Nancie’s Fresh Peach Chutney (see recipe)
- ¾ cup thinly sliced, finely chopped fresh peaches (optional)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh chives, or finely chopped green onions
Directions for Chutney
1) In a 3 quart saucepan or Dutch oven, combine the chopped peaches, apple, onion, and bell pepper. Stir with a large spoon to mix them well. Add the raisins, candied ginger, sugar, vinegar, mustard seeds, dried red pepper flakes, and salt, and stir well. Bring to a lively boil over medium high heat. Stir to coat all the ingredients evenly.
2) Adjust the heat to maintain a gentle but active simmer. Cook, stirring now and then, until the chutney has thickened a little, formed a pleasing syrup, and developed its flavor, 30 to 40 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature. Serve at room temperature. Cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Directions for Pork Chops
1) In a shallow dish, combine the flour, salt, and pepper, and mix well with a fork. Pat pork chops dry with paper towels and place them on a plate. Dredge each chop in the flour mixture, gently shake off the excess flour, and set aside next to the stove, with the remaining ingredients.
2) In a large, heavy frying pan with a tight-fitting lid, heat the oil over medium high heat. Add the pork chops. Cook undisturbed until lightly browned, a minute or so, and turn to brown the other side. Transfer to a clean plate, cover to keep warm, and set aside.
Add the shallots and curry powder to the pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until the shallots are shiny, softened, and evenly seasoned. Add wine and chicken stock and stir well as you bring the sauce to a gentle boil.
3) Add the half-and-half and the fresh peach chutney to the sauce in the skillet, and bring to a gentle boil. Reduce heat and cook, stirring often, until the sauce is golden, thickened and smooth, 2 to 3 minutes.
4) Return the pork chops to the pan, turning to coat them with the sauce. Cover and simmer until pork chops are done, turning once, 15 to 20 minutes. Serve pork chops hot or warm, covered with sauce and sprinkled with the chives or green onions, and chopped peaches.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page