- 3 egg whites
- 13 whole eggs
- 1 quart of whole milk
- 2 tablespoons of salt
- 6 cups AP Flour
- 2 cups shredded emmenthal cheese
1) Heat popover pans in the oven at 425F. In a large bowl, whisk together the whites, eggs, milk and salt.
2) Add the flour and whisk well to combine.
3) Whisk until the flour is incorporated and the little lumps of flour are smaller than pea sized. Let rest for minimum of 1 hour.
4) Spray the hot pans and pour batter into the molds leaving just 1/2" from the top.
5) Sprinkle with a tablespoon of emmenthal and bake for 45-60 minutes until puffed and golden. Avoid opening the oven during baking as this could disturb and deflate the rising popovers.
6) Cool in pans and serve.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page