Ingredients for Burger
- 1/ 3 pound Beef Patty, Organic
- 1 teaspoon Seasoned Salt
- 1 ounce Fig Jam [RECIPE BELOW]
- 1 ounce Brie Cheese
- 2 ounces Bacon
- ½ ounce Hazelnuts, chopped
- 1 ounce Baby Kale , Organic
- ½ ounce Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1 Brioche Bun
- 1 Rosemary, sprig
- Hazelnut oil
Ingredients for Pono Fig Jam and Toasted Hazelnuts
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 cups dried black mission figs
- 1/2 cup port wine
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, toasted * [see Cook's Note below]
Directions for Burger
1) Divide the beef into 5 ounce portions and form into balls. Place parchment squares on counter and place beef patty mold on top. Press ground beef into patties and place on platter. Leave at room temperature.
2) Heat a large skillet or grill over medium-high heat. Sprinkle beef patties with salt and dry rub. Place seasoned patties on oiled grill. Grill Beef patties for about one minute for beautiful grill marks.
3) Flip and immediately place a slice of cheese on the patties. Wait a few seconds, then place on the toasted brioche buns.
4) Serve with fig jam, toasted hazelnuts, baby kale, balsamic vinaigrette, hazelnut oil, toothpick and sprig of rosemary.
Directions for the Jam
1) Place a medium skillet over medium heat and, when it is hot, add the oil. Add the onions and cook until they are softened, about 3 minutes. Deglaze with the port, and reduce by half.
2) Add the broths and vinegar, and reduce by half. Add the rosemary and sugar.
3) Lower the heat to low, and cook until the sugar has melted, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the figs, and cook, stirring occasionally, until they are rehydrated, about 10 to 12 minutes. Cook until the mixture has the consistency of a liquidy jam, 10 to 12 minutes. Pour into a food processor and Blend until smooth and thick. Use immediately; or cover, and refrigerate up to 5 days.
*Cook's Note: To toast the hazelnuts: preheat a 350 degree F oven. Arrange the nuts in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until lightly toasted. Cool completely before using.
--After putting jam on burger, top it with some toasted hazelnuts
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page