- 4 red bell peppers, cut into ½ -inch-wide strips
- 3 pounds boneless pork shoulder
- Salt and pepper
- 1 bottle (10 ounces) Polynesian glazing and dipping sauce, such as San-J®
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple
- ½ cup Heinz® chili sauce
- 8 King’s® Hawaiian sweet sandwich buns
1. Place peppers in the bottom of a 5-quart slow cooker.
2. Season pork with salt and pepper. Place in slow cooker, on top of peppers, fat side up.
3. In a medium bowl, stir together San-J® sweet & tangy sauce, pineapple, and chili sauce. Pour over pork roast.
4. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours.
5. Remove pork and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes. Strain cooking liquid into a bowl and return solids to cooker. Defat strained juices and stir into cooker. When cool enough to handle, pull or chop pork.
6. Place some red peppers on bottom of sandwich buns. Pile high with pulled pork and top with some of the tomato-pineapple juices from cooker.