- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temp
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped (medjool) dates
- 1/4 cup minced pistachios
1. In a large bowl, sift or whisk flour, baking soda, kosher salt, cardamom and nutmeg.
2. Using a stand mixer or an electric hand mixer, beat the butter and sugars together in a large bowl until fluffy, scraping down the sides of the bowl. Then, beat in the vanilla and eggs.
3. Now add the flour mixture in two batches, gently beating until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips, pistachios, and dates by hand, using a spatula. Make sure they are well dispersed through the cookie dough. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 30 minutes and up to overnight.
4. When you’re ready to bake, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
5. Using a 1 1/2-ounce ice cream scoop or 1/4 cup measure (barely full), scoop 6 onto each baking sheet. Space them evenly, allowing plenty of room for spreading. Flatten the dough balls ever so slightly. Pop into the oven and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, rotating and swapping pans around in your oven halfway through to ensure even baking; you’re looking for a golden-brown edge but a pretty soft. Puffy middle (this will harden as they cool). Remove from oven and set on wire rack to cool to room temperature. Repeat with remaining dough.