- 12 Hard Boiled Eggs, peeled
- ¼ Cup Mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp finely chooped fresh dill OR chives
Ingredients for Marinade
- 1 jar (16 oz) beets
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup distilled white vinegar
Ingredients for Toppings
- crabmeat & fresh dill
- small cooked shrimp and chives
- smoked salmon
- diced red bell peppers & Italian parsley
- steamed asparagus tips
1) Cut eggs lengthwise in half. Remove yolks to medium bowl. Reserve 20 white halves. Finely chop remaining 4 white halves.
2) Mash yolks with fork. Add chooped whites, mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper; mix well. Add dill; mix well/ Refrigerate, covered.
3) Drain beets reserving juice (about 2/3 cup) Set beets aside for another use. Combine beet juice, water and vinegar. Arrange egg whites cut side down in a shallow container. Pour marinade over eggs. Refrigerate at least several hours or over night, turning occasionally.
4) Remove pickled egg whites from marinade, & pat dry with paper towels. Spoon 1 heaping Tbsp yolk mixture into each pickled egg white half. Garnish with toppers, as desired.
5) Easy 12-Minute Method for Hard-Boiled eggs: Place eggs in a saucepan large enough to hold thme in a single layer. Add cold water to cover the eggs by 1 inch. Heat over high heat just to boiling. Remove from the burner. Cover pan. Let eggs stand in hot water for about 12 minutes for large eggs (9 minutes for medium eggs; 15 minutes for extra large eggs). Drain. Shock the eggs in a bowl of ice water to cool them immediately. Hard-boiled eggs are easiest to peel right after cooling.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page