Tamera Mowry-Housley mixes her favorites, peanut butter and chocolate, together in this beautiful cookie.
Peanut Butter Blossoms
- ~1 ¾ cups ap flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 4 ounces (½ cup) butter, room temperature
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar, plus more for rolling
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 dozen (one 11-ounce package) Hershey’s kisses, foil removed
- Sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; set aside.
- Add butter, peanut butter, ½ cup granulated sugar, and brown sugar to stand mixer. Cream until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla to stand mixer; beat until well blended.
- Gradually add flour mixture, mixing thoroughly. Refrigerate dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 375˚F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Pinch off some dough, roll into a 1-inch ball, then roll in bowl of extra granulated sugar. Place on cookie sheet, leaving 2 inches between each cookie.
- Bake until light brown and puffed, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove sheet from oven and lightly press a candy kiss into center of each cookie, allowing it to crack slightly.
- Return sheet to oven and bake until golden brown, 2 to 3 more minutes. Remove from oven, cool completely, and serve.
Recipe By Dan Kohler