Tamera Mowry-Housley shows how to elevate the classic brownie for a great after-school snack.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Squares
One 8x8 Dish
- ¾ cup unsalted butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 ¼ cup AP flour
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- ¾ cup toasted, chopped peanuts
- Heat oven to 350˚. Line 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In stand mixer, cream butter and sugars. Add peanut butter, beat until light.
- Mix in eggs one at a time. Add vanilla and salt, scraping bowl as needed.
- Add remaining dry ingredients (except for chocolate chips and peanuts). Stir to combine, making sure no flour streaks remain.
- Stir in chocolate chips and peanuts.
- Transfer batter to baking dish, press into even layer.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely in pan before removing to cut.
Recipe by Dan Kohler, 01/17/2020