- Baguette sliced and toasted in olive oil or butter
- 6 Fresh free stone ripe peaches, sliced thin
- 2 Fresh, summer tomatoes, sliced thin
- 1 pkg. fresh buffalo mozzarella, removed from water and sliced
- 10-12 Basil leaves, sliced into thin ribbons
- 2-3 Stems of thyme
- Salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
- Drizzle of peach balsamic glaze
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
Tomatoes are in season and this is a colorful, light appetizer, inspired by Joy the Baker, with a hint of sweetness that works for lunch or dinner.
- You can use a cherry balsamic glaze instead of peach or balsamic vinegar.
- You can buy the balsamic glaze at specialty shops.
- Place toasted baguette slices on a serving tray.
- Slice peaches.
- Top with a slice of peach, a slice of tomato, a slice of buffalo mozzarella, and a second slice of peach.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with basil ribbons and thyme and drizzle with peach balsamic glaze and olive oil.
- Serve immediately.
For more recipes from Joy the Baker, go to