- 3 oz of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 clove of garlic, smashed
- 1/cup of chopped onion, Spanish
- 1/2 cup of chopped carrots, small dice
- 1/2 cup chopped celery, small dice
- 1/4 cup of prosciutto, small dice
- Large pinch of chopped rosemary
- 3 large tablespoons of tomato paste
- 3 qts of chicken stock
- 2 cups of white beans, cooked
- 2 cups, ditalini or small shell pasta, uncooked
- Kosher salt, black pepper, crushed red pepper to taste
- Chopped parsley
- Grated Parmigiano
- Good quality extra virgin olive oil
1. In a soup pot, place the olive oil and garlic clove and place pot over high heat.
2. Cook until garlic is golden brown.
3. Remove garlic and discard.
4. Add onions, carrots, and celery and cook for approximately 3-4 min, or until vegetables start to soften.
5. Lightly season with salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper.
6. Add prosciutto and rosemary, stir for 15 seconds.
7. Add tomato paste, stir for 15 seconds.
8. Add chicken stock, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and allow to simmer for 15-20 min.
9. Bring soup back to a boil.
10. Add pasta, cook until tender.
11. Add beans to reheat.
12. Turn heat off...the soup will start to thicken.
13. Taste and adjust seasoning.
14. Ladle into bowls and garnish with parsley, cheese, and a drizzle of olive oil.