Ingredients for Sauteed Mushrooms
- 1/2 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced or diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- 1/2 cup beef broth or chicken broth or wine
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon parsley chopped (optional)
Ingredients for Gorgonzola Butter
- 2 heads roasted garlic, squeezed and mashed
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup gorgonzola (or other blue) cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Pepper to taste
Ingredients for Pan Seared Steaks
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 (6 ounce) steaks (strip loin, rib eye, prime rib, etc)
- salt and pepper or steak seasoning to taste
- 2 tablespoons roasted garlic gorgonzola butter
Directions for Sauteed Mushrooms
1. Heat the oil and melt the butter in a pan over medium-high heat, add the mushrooms and onions and cook until the mushrooms have released their moisture, it has cooked off and the mushrooms start to caramelize, about 15-20 minutes.
2. Add the garlic and thyme and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
3. Add the broth and deglaze the pan by scraping up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon as the broth simmers.
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste, sprinkle in the parsley and set aside.
Directions for Gorgozola Butter
1. Mix everything, place on wax (or parchment) paper, form a log, roll it up in the paper and twist the ends before placing in the fridge to chill.
Directions for Pan Seared Steaks