1. Heat the oil and melt the butter in a pan over medium-high heat, add the mushrooms and onions and cook until the mushrooms have released their moisture, it has cooked off and the mushrooms start to caramelize, about 15-20 minutes.
2. Add the garlic and thyme and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
3. Add the broth and deglaze the pan by scraping up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon as the broth simmers.
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste, sprinkle in the parsley and set aside.
Directions for Gorgozola Butter
1. Mix everything, place on wax (or parchment) paper, form a log, roll it up in the paper and twist the ends before placing in the fridge to chill.
Directions for Pan Seared Steaks
Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed pan over medium-high heat, add the steaks, seasoned to taste, and sear until cooked to the desired level of doneness, about 2-4 minutes per side for medium.
Top with the sautéed mushrooms and melting roasted garlic gorgonzola butter!