Ingredients for Sea Bass
- 10 6 oz sea bass
- 10 oz. heirloom cherry tomato tomatillo cilantro melange
- 20 oz of sofrito
- 10 sweet corn soufflé
- Salt and white pepper for sea bass
Ingredients for Heirloom Tomaotes, Tomatillo, Cilantro Melange
- 1 pint of heirloom cherry tomatoes
- 1 basket of fresh tomatillo
- 2 tablespoons of fine chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon of fine chopped Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoon of lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Salt to taste
Ingredients for Sofrito Sauce (Makes 24 oz.)
- 6 Roma tomatoes medium small chopped
- 2 red bell pepper medium small chopped
- 2 yellow bell pepper medium small chopped
- 2 shallots peeled and fine chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon of saffron
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup white wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
Ingredients for Sweet Corn Souffle (Makes 8)
- 8 fresh corn peeled and cleaned
- 1/2 cup of corn starch
- 1/2 cup of melted butter
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 tsp cornmeal
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- Pinch of salt
Directions for Sea Bass
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Season each piece of sea bass with salt and white pepper.
3. Add 2 tablespoons of grapeseed oil to an ovenproof skillet.
4. Sear the sea bass over medium-high heat, on one side for 2-3 minutes until nicely browned.
5. Flip the fish to the opposite side and roast in the oven for 5-6 minutes or until the fish is just cooked through.
6. Set aside
Directions for Melange
1. Chopped heirloom cherry tomatoes and tomatillos medium fine
2. Add the lime juice and the olive oil
3. Salt and white pepper to taste
Directions for Sofrito
1. Sauté garlic for 3 minutes. Add shallots and cook for another 3 minutes then add the bell peppers and cook for about 5 minutes.
2. Add the tomatoes and wine and cook for 10 minutes at low heat.
3. Stir in butter and season with salt and pepper to taste
Directions for Souffle
1. Shaved 4 ears of corn and put in a mixing bowl the other 4 shaved them and strain them and save the milk
2. In a mixing bowl add the rest of the ingredients finishing with the butter, salt and sugar
3. Mix them well and in a well spray 4 oz foil cups, filled up to 3/4 full
4. Bake at 300 in a 200 pan with one inch of water
5. Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes