- Juice of 1 Orange
- 4 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Blond Miso
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1 1/2 lbs Short Ribs
- 2 shallots cut in half
- 2 stalks celery chopped large
- 4 Garlic cloves smashed
- 1/4 C Beef Stock
- 1/4 C picked fresh Mint
- 1/4 C picked fresh Basil
- 1/2 Tsp Sesame Seeds
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. In a small saucepan combine orange juice, soy, miso, and honey.
3. Bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer till all ingredients are combined and miso melts away.
4. Preheat an oven ready Dutch oven, large enough to hold short ribs in a single layer, to medium high heat.
5. Season short ribs with salt and pepper then place them flat inside of Dutch oven, allow to brown.
6. Flip and repeat then remove ribs. Add shallots, celery and garlic and sauté for a couple of minutes in the same Dutch oven until shallots are browned and softened.
7. Add beef stock and reduce to almost all the liquid is reduced.
8. Remove Dutch even from heat and remove all ingredients from Dutch oven.
9. Place short ribs flat in a single layer and top with sauté shallot, celery and garlic.
10. Add orange soy sauce to pot and cover then place in preheated oven for 2 hours, or until ribs are fork tender and bones fall away from the meat.
11. To serve, gently transfer to a service platter and garnish with fresh herbs and sesame seeds.