- 2 ancho chiles
- 1 cup toasted almonds
- 4 roasted red bell peppers, skinned and seeded
- ½ orange, sliced and seeded
- 4 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons smoked Spanish paprika (mild or hot)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups fresh goat cheese
- 2 cups baby arugula leaves
- 1 cup thinly shaved baby carrots (hold in ice water to curl)
- 1 baguette, sliced into 3 inch slices
Place ancho chiles in a small non-reactive bowl. Boil a small pot of water a pour over ancho chiles to re-hydrate. Allow to steep for approximately 10 minutes or until soft and pliable. After removing from water seed and stem chiles before placing in food processor. Add all remaining ingredients except the olive oil and blend on high speed until smooth. While continuing to blend slowly add olive oil until fully incorporated.
Place goat cheese into a heat resistant bowl and top liberally with the orange romesco. Heat in a 350 degree onion until warmed through. Top with arugula leaves and shaved baby carrots and serve with sliced baguette.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page