Ingredients for Chicken
- 2lbs boneless skinless chicken, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 1⁄2teaspoons salt
- white pepper
- oil (for frying)
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
Ingredients for Orange Sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar or honey
- 1 orange, zest of
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons ginger root, minced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons rice wine
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
1. Place chicken pieces in a large bowl, toss with cornstarch and salt. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, orange juice, brown sugar and orange zest. Set
3. Clean wok and heat 15 seconds over high heat.
4. Add 1 tablespoon oil, the ginger, garlic, crushed red chili pepper flakes and green onions to
a small saucepan and cook for just a few seconds until fragrant.
5. Now, add the soy sauce, orange juice, brown sugar, orange zest, and rice wine.
6. Cook until bubbling and the sugar has dissolved.
7. In a small bowl, stir together the water and cornstarch, then add it to the sauce and stir
until thickened. Add sesame oil if desired.
8. Heat oil in wok and stir-fry chicken until golden brown and crisp.
9. Add sauce to wok and toss with chicken.
10. Serve over jasmine rice.
Get more information about this episode >>