Ingredients for Cookies
- 1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste (or extract)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon orange blossom water
- TIP: Butter the molds lightly with softened butter
Ingredients for Dark Chocolate Candy Melts
- 1 cup dark chocolate candy melts
Directions for Cookies
1. Adjust oven rack to low center position; heat oven to 375 degrees. Whisk flours and salt together in small bowl; set aside.
2. Beat yolks with whole egg in bowl of electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Mix until the color changes to light yellow and gets fluffy, about 3 minutes. Next add the sugar, vanilla bean paste & orange blossom water and beat until ribbons form in the batter, about 3 minutes. Lightly fold in flour mixture, then melted butter. (do not over mix)
3. Spoon batter into a piping bag and pipe enough batter to just fill to the top of each mold. (or use a spoon to fill the molds) Bake until tops are golden and cakes spring back when pressed lightly, about 8 minutes. Transfer the madeleines to a sheet of parchment to cool.
OPTION: Dip cooled Madeleines halfway in melted dark chocolate
Directions for Dark Chocolate Candy Melts
1. Melt in microwave. Dip madeleines halfway into chocolate; put in refrigerator to set.