Ingredients (Makes one 9-inch pizza)
- 1 package ready-to-bake pizza dough, divided in half (save the other half for later)
- Olive oil
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella
- Handful of fresh basil
- Salt & pepper
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup arugula
Ingredients for Quick Roasted Tomatoes
- 2 medium tomatoes
- Olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove
- Fresh thyme
- 1 Lemon
- Salt and pepper
Directions for Pizza
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Start this pizza on the stovetop in a hot, 9-inch cast iron skillet, lightly brushed with olive oil.
2. Roll or stretch out the dough a bit and then pop it into the hot pan. Using tongs, carefully and quickly pull the dough up the sides of the pan.
3. Layer on the quick roasted tomato slices (see below), torn mozzarella and fresh basil leaves. Turn the heat down to medium. Drizzle the pizza lightly with olive oil, season with salt, pepper and a sprinkling of lemon zest. After a few minutes the bottom of the crust will begin to turn golden brown.
4. Pull from the stovetop and pop the skillet into the oven.
5. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until the cheese is oozy and the top crust is golden. Allow the pizza to rest for 5 minutes. Top with additional torn fresh basil and lemon zest, sprinkle with arugula and drizzle with a bit of olive oil and salt and pepper.
Directions for Tomatoes
1. Slice two medium tomatoes and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
2. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with a little finely chopped garlic, fresh thyme, lemon zest and salt and pepper.
3. Roast in preheated 375-degree oven for 10 to 15 minutes until the tomatoes just begin to caramelize.