- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Blue, black, red and blue food coloring
1) For cookies; in a large bowl combine butter with sugar, eggs, vanilla and almond extract; beat using an electric mixer on high speed until light and fluffy.
2) In another bowl combine the flour with baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually stir into the butter mixture until well blended.
3) Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill for 2 hours.
4) Set oven to 400°F.
5) Line cookie sheets with parchment paper (do not grease cookie sheets use parchment paper only).
6) On a very lightly floured surface roll out the dough into about 1/4-inch thickness.
7) Cut rings using cookie cutters
8) Use water to adhere 5 rings together.
9) Place cookies 2-inches apart on cookie sheet.
10) Bake 4-6 mintes.
11) Remove cookies to wire racks to cool completely before icing.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page