- 1lb (16oz/454g) cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup (4oz/115g) sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cups (8oz/225ml) cream, whipping cream
- 1 ½ cups (8oz/230g) Chocolate, semi-sweet or dark
To make the brownie base:
1. Make a ½ recipe of my best ever brownie recipe. That will give you a thick enough layer for your cheesecake.
2. Pour it into a buttered 9inch cheesecake tin.
3. Bake at 350oF (180oC) for roughly 35-40 minutes or until firm to the touch. Set aside to cool.
For the Cheesecake filling:
1. Melt the chocolate in the microwave or over a bain marie and set aside to cool.
2. Beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla on medium speed on a mixer until creamy and there are no lumps.
3. Gradually add in the cream and continue whipping until really thick.
4. Add a spoon full of the cheesecake into the melted chocolate a mix it in to loosen up the chocolate. Then QUICKLY add the chocolate into the the rest of the cheesecake mix and continue mixing fast so the chocolate doesn’t set. You will see the chocolate mix thicken up really fast.
5. Spoon into your prepared tin on top of the brownie.
6. Refrigerate until firm, it will take around 4 hours. Also you can make it up to 2 days in advance.
7. Decorate the top with ganache, whipped cream and even more brownie.
8. Take the cheesecake out of the tin by running a warm thin knife around the tin. Refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 2 months.