- • 4 Carrots, finely diced
- • 2 Stalks Celery, finely diced
- • 1 Bell Pepper, finely diced
- • 1 Can Water Chestnuts, finely diced
- • 3 Scallions, thinly sliced
- • 2 Tbls Ginger, finely minced
- • 4 Cloves Garlic, minced
- • 1 lb Chicken, ground
- • 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper, ground
- • ⅓ C Chinese Plum Sauce
- • 2 Tbls Soy Sauce
- • 2 Tbls Rice Vinegar
- • 1 Tsp Sriracha Chili Paste
- • 1/4 Cup Nuts, chopped
- • 1/4 Cup Cilantro, minced
- • 1 Head Boston Leaf Lettuce
- Coat large skillet with oil spray and heat over med-high heat.
- Add carrots, celery, bell pepper, water chestnuts, scallions, ginger and garlic. Sauté until vegetables soften, about 5min. Add 1 Tbls water as necessary to prevent scorching.
- Add ground chicken to the skillet and cook through until no longer pink. Season with black pepper.
- Add plum sauce, soy sauce, vinegar and chili paste. Reduce heat to low and heat through.
- Remove skillet from heat and add nuts and cilantro.
- Allow mixture to cool slightly, about 5min.
- Clean lettuce and break stems off the ends of each leaf.
- Fill lettuce cups with chicken mixture. Garnish with additional cilantro if desired.
Visit Miss America 2014, Nina Davuluri at missamerica.org and on twitter @NinaDavuluri.