- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup water
- Lemon juice to taste
- 1-2 cloves garlic crushed
- 20 leaves mint
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup, optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 medium sized pumpkin, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil (or butter)
- A drizzle of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup red quinoa (use white if unavailable)
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 cup kale, julienned
- 1/2 cup mixed fresh herbs: mint parsley, and cilantro
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Lemon juice squeezed to taste
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons pecans, toasted
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Pulse above ingredients in a food processor.
2. Add water if needed to achieve desired consistency. Can be made one day ahead if you omit the mint and add fresh.
1. Wash and peel pumpkin. Cut pumpkin in half lengthwise.
2. Turn face down and slice into ½-inch slices that resemble half-moons.
3. Place on baking sheet with dressing and roast uncovered at 400ºf until caramelized, 30-40 minutes.
1. Cook quinoa with one cup of water. Allow to cool to room temperature. Transfer to fridge.
2. Ideally cook quinoa in advance to allow it to chill fully.
3. In a medium bowl combine green onion, kale, herbs, honey, olive oil, lemon juice, nuts. Add cooled quinoa.
4. To assemble, arrange quinoa on appetizer plate. Arrange roasted pumpkin on top. Drizzle with tahini dressing, sprinkle additional nuts and enjoy.