A recipe from Chef Antonia Lofaso.
- 1 whole chicken separated, legs, thighs, wings, and breast cut in half. 10 pieces total
- Juice of 2 mature coconuts
- Meat of one whole coconut grated
- 1 whole white onion, chopped
- 3 whole beef steak tomatoes, rough chopped
- 4T madras curry powder
- 3 cloves garlic macerated in salt with pestle and mortar water
- 2 chicken Bouillon cubes
- 1 cup picked cilantro with small amount of stem attached
- Canola oil for cooking
1. Heat on high in a large shallow 8 quart sauce pot.
2. Add 2 T of cooking oil.
3. Season generously all the chicken with salt and curry.
4. Sear all chicken on all sides in pot until golden and remove. Add sliced onion and tomato and begin to sautée.
5. Allow to soften and brown about 6 minutes.
6. Add chicken, ground coconut, coconut milk, water, and bouillon. Allow to cook for 1 hour until chicken is tender.
7. Garnish with whole cilantro leaves.
Chef Antonia Lofaso's Mozambique Inspired Coconut Soup
Return to the Episode Guide >>
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page