- 1 eggplant
- Himalayan salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 6 ounces goat cheese, crumbled Chevre log
- ½ pin blackberries
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar (optional)
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 24 seedless grapes
- 1 8-ounce container Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup chopped almonds
- Slice eggplant crosswise into 16 1/4 –inch thick slices (save any leftovers for another use). Lay it out on paper towel or platter and sprinkle with ½ teaspoon salt. Let it sit for about 10 minutes. This takes some of the bitterness out of the eggplant. Once the 10 minutes is up, pat dry.
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium-high.
- In a blender, puree the blackberries with ¼ cup water until smooth.
- Press blackberries through a mesh strainer into a bowl; this should give you about ½ cup of juice.
- Whisk in the remaining ingredients.
- Lightly oil grill with olive oil cooking spray. Salt and pepper eggplant and place on the grill, cook until grill marks form and eggplant is tender, turning once halfway through grilling, about 4 to 6 minutes per side.
- When done, take eggplant off grill and top the eggplant while it is warm with goat cheese, then drizzle the top with the blackberry dressing.
Little Grape Dippers Recipe:
- Put each grape on a toothpick.
- Combine yogurt, lemon juice, agave nectar and vanilla in a small mixing bowl. Stir until well-blended.
- Crush the almonds until they are small enough to coat the grapes. Place the crushed almonds on flat surface on top of parchment paper.
- Dip the grapes in the yogurt dipping sauce, then roll them in the almonds and freeze.
Check out Natalie Jill's "7 Day Jumpstart" weightloss program @NatalieJillFit
Get more information about this Episode>>